Thursday, September 20, 2007

Not a whole lot of anything going on here. I bought some yarn today (big surprise there!), and have started on the boy's Christmas sweater. I'm making "Jesse's Flames" from one of the S&B. I'm making the smallest size, and it may be a little large for him, but he continues to grow, so I'm not worried about it. We measured his height last week and he was up to 4'7 and 1/2 inches tall. I'm only 5'2", and so now he's hoping he'll be as tall as me by next year, when he turns 9. It's just not fair! His feet are almost as big as mine, but that's not saying a whole lot since I only wear a 5-1/2 boys (6-1/2 ladies). Oh well. Guess it's gotta happen at some time!

I've also been working on charting a pattern for a scarf. I had so much fun making my Swan Lake Stole (which still hasn't been blocked), that I wanted to make another lace project. So, using The Art of Sheltand Lace by Sarah Don as a guideline, I charted out the beginnings of a scarf. I'm using the "Fir Cone" pattern, because I already had a forest green laceweight alpaca on hand, and I'm using size 1 needles. So far, I'm doing fairly well with it. But I've put it aside to work on the Boy's sweater.

I decided the other day that I needed to finish from of my UFOs. So I worked and worked on my crocheted Shawl. I finished that, and will try and get the Man to help me take some pictures in a couple of days. Maybe then I can actually get them uploaded. Or not, depending on my very slow dial-up situation.

1 comment:

Sam said...

4'7"?? Congratulations, I think you did successfully introduce tall genes to the family. :)