Sunday, May 4, 2008

Still Breathing

Still Alive. Just been so busy with life. And then, blogger and my computer don't get along very well. Or maybe it's that I'm still on dial-up. hmmm....

Updates:

The Boy turned 9 in February and continues to grow like a weed. Only about 4 or so more inches to go, and then he'll be as tall as me. We went to Six Flags over GA this spring. They went on roller coasters. The Boy loved it. Even went on Batman. I stood there and waited. I did ride the sky buckets (cable cars), the train, and the bumoper cars were about as exciting as I got.

My RA seems to be, not getting better, but at least manageable. Except on days like today, when it's slightly cool and very damp. But I have more better days than not, right now anyways.

On the crafting front: I've discovered Morehouse Merino wool. On their website, www.morehousefarm.com , there was their claim that their wool doesn't itch, like ever. So I bought a couple of skeins of their 3-ply in the willow color. Now I have 1 skein left over, and a wonderful pair of socks. Have no idea what the difference is. So I thought that I'd try KnitPicks Shadows, a merino laceweight. It has a slight itch factor, but not enough that I'm not going to try it out. Maybe it will be better once I wash it.

I've also discovered KnitPicks Harmony Needles. Love them. I bought the Options set first, but since then I've picked up the DPN set (0-3), and 4-6 DPN, and the fixed circulars in size 0 and 3. I have a shawl on the size 0 right now, just finished the socks on the 4, 5 & 6 DPN, and another shawl on the 5 DPN, waiting to go on the circulars. I finished Mystic Light KAL on the 6 circulars (awaiting blocking), and multitudes of face cloths. As soon as I figure out the whole camera thing (loading pix with dial-up?), then I'll try and post pictures.

Well, it's time for us to be off to church. Not that we'll be damned to eternal everlasting hell if we're late, but I really enjoy going!

No comments: