Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Well, not too much going on here. Just finished updating all my blog features, so hopefully all of that is working okay. I've been busy knitting lace for the Summer of Lace 2008. I finished Goddess Knits Anniversary Shawl, aka my Mandala Shawl. I've even washed and blocked it. Yeah! Now just to get the pictures onto my computer and upload them. I knitted Branching Out Scarf (found at Knitty.com) in Misti International Laceweight, a very dark forest green color. I still need to wash and block that, though hopefully I'll be able to have that done and pictures of that as well. I'm planning a list for Christmas gifts that I want to knit up. Since it's in the middle of July, that gives me about 5 months to work on everything. Shouldn't be too terribly difficult, right?

On the non-knitting front: Last couple of weekends, we've been playing Buffy the Vampire Slayer rpg instead of D&D. Bob's running it and we've been having loads of fun with that. I still have my Eberron game going--everyone's almost epic level now! Can't wait to see how they do. I've designed a really tough dungeon for them to get through--4 levels and they're currently on the 2nd one. The Big Boss won't be reached until at least the 4th level, and they're going to be hard pressed to beat him. Bwa ha ha--being evil has it's finer points!

On the homeschooling front: we've taken a couple of weeks off for the summer. Put planning on starting back up real soon. We're going to focus on History, Science, and Writing. I'm thinking of a journal that the Boy will write in, with some free writing as well as some assignements. In History, we've been working on Ancient History, so I want to finish up with that and maybe get into US History this year. But we'll see. Science: My weakness. I hate Science. But I've gotten some kits that have some really cool stuff in it. Starting with Bacteria. So here goes! And for Reading: the Boy is quite a bit ahead in that area, so we'll just continue to pick up books and read.

No comments: