Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Mediterranean Couscous Cabbage Rolls




Last night was "Meatless Monday," so I made the recipe from the new book Eating Well: Fast & Flavorful Meatless Meals. Here's a picture:and another one of it cooking up:

It was good. Everyone but The Boy liked it. He said it needed seasoning in the couscous mixture. Part of that is that I left out the salt that the directions said to add to the couscous water. But since we're low- to no- salt around here, I left it out. I also left out the mint that it called to add the couscous mixture, so maybe that would have changed it. But I don't really like mint too much, so I left it out.

The only thing I'm going to do differently next time is cook the cabbage rolls longer. The directions said to cook the cabbage rolls for 5-8 minutes and of course, since it was already late, I only cooked it 5 minutes. Definitely longer next time :)




1 comment:

Sam said...

Those look delicious! I'd suggest Cavender's salt-free (http://www.greekseasoning.com/) for couscous seasoning. Or, really, any seasoning at all, ever. (Well, I don't think it'd go well in, say, coffee. But savory foods, yes. ;)

Another good seasoning for couscous is lemon. Or simply boil it in your favourite broth instead of just water.