Thursday, October 20, 2011

Menu Planning part 2

I have finally finished my menu for the next two weeks. Just in time to go shopping tomorrow :) If you need a reason to justify making a menu up ahead of time, I've got 2 reasons for you. 1: Just think if you wrote down everything that you needed to make what you've planned, you'll save time on unexpected trips to your local grocery store. And 2: If you know what you are planning on fixing, and you have a list of what you need, then you will not be as tempted to impulse shop and spend more than you planned on at the store. Saving money is ALWAYS a plus :)

So, with that in mind, I'll share what I have planned for the next two weeks. I do try to balance my meals out, so that I don't have pasta 3 days in a row, etc. And I have certain days I have to be careful of. Fridays are game night, so I either need to plan to feed the masses or set aside a little for a pizza run. Tuesdays are the craziest day of the week, so that's why the meal on that day is simple, yet yummy. Also, since our payday is on Friday, I start my weekly menus on Friday and run through Thursdays. Just a little quirk of mine.

Friday, October 21st: Beef Roast (in crockpot) with Mushroom Gravy, mashed potatoes, and green beans
Saturday, Oct 22nd: Italian Meatballs and Spaghetti (The Nephew's night)
Sunday, Oct 23rd: Hot Wings, Coleslaw and Fries/Potato Cakes (The Man's night)
Meatless Monday, Oct 24th: Mediterranean Couscous Cabbage Rolls & Salad ('cause I couldn't think of another vegetable/side dish to serve)
Tuesday, Oct 25th: Sandwiches
Wednesday, Oct 26th: Pork Roast with Cabbage & Apples (Crockpot)
Thursday, Oct 27th: Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup (low salt) and Salad (The Boy's night)
Friday, Oct 28th: Pizza night
Saturday, Oct 29th: Kung Pao Tofu (Meatloving Nephew picked this one)
Sunday, Oct 30th: Cheeseburgers or Cheesesteaks (depending on if Aldi's still has the cheesesteaks) and Fries (The Man's job)
Meatless Monday, Oct 31st: Fettuccine with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Tuesday, Nov 1st: Breakfast
Wednesday, Nov 2nd: Lemon & Herb Crockpot Roasted Chicken with mashed potatoes and asparagus
Thursday: Louisiana style Shrimp with Rice (The Boy's pick)

As you can see, I LOVE my crockpots. I have two of them and when they're not cooking our dinner, I'm usually brewing my own broth, whether it's chicken, beef or vegetable. It's such a valuable resource. So if you don't have one, I'd recommend going and getting one. And if you have one and don't use it, then dust it off and start using it!

No comments: