Monday, October 10, 2011

Weekend of Fun

or not really. For all the beautiful weather we had here, I didn't really get a chance to enjoy it. Saturday was spent running The Boy to meetings and such and then Sunday started real early with a 9:30 a.m. meeting at church. I felt fine getting ready for the meeting, and through the meeting. Then The Man and I went upstairs for service and I pulled out my knitting (the aqua socks). That's when I noticed my hands starting to swell and my left thumb wasn't working well. And within 10 minutes, I couldn't use my left hand at all. So, as much as I wanted to be at church, we decided to leave since the RA was hitting my so strong. Only stopping long enough to pick up the rest of the groceries at our Ultra-Cheap Grocery Store, we headed home where I spent most of the day in bed with a heating pad on my hand.

That said, The Man, The Boy and The Nephew got a lot done around the house. Most of the dishes were done by the younger two while The Man smoked a HUGE pork picnic in the smoker. And made BBQ sauce, and homemade potato pancakes. Wish I'd thought to take a picture of the VERY beautiful dinner that he made. But I was too busy chowing down to think that far ahead :)

On another note, I found a website that helps one keep track of their fitness workouts and calorie counts. It's call MyFitnessPal and the website is www.myfitnesspal.com. You can enter what your weight goals are and how much you want to lose per week, etc. I went with modest goals to start with. If I can make it down to that goal, then I will put in the ultimate goal and work toward that. But I'm looking at several years worth of weight loss. But if I don't start, I'll never lose it. So I'm getting started with it :)

3 comments:

Sam said...

My Fitness Pal is awesome. I've lost about 5 lb on it so far. It makes the whole calorie counting thing a lot easier and not such a chore, while still making you aware of what you're eating. (I didn't realise how high calorie a lot of restaurant foods were before using it, for instance.)

Sam said...

If you'd like, I'm anaellesedai on FitnessPal. :)

Nicole said...

I'm Niayla and I've sent you a friend request :)