Monday, October 3, 2011

I haven't forgotten the blog. I promise. It was just a busy busy weekend with near perfect weather :)

So what did I do? I ran a Dungeons & Dragons game for The Boy and several of his friends from our homeschooling community. Yes. D&D is great for teaching math. I make them add up all their dice rolls and everything ;)

Then, I ran home to finish the last charted row on the Wings of Horus Shawl I've been working on. And I finished it too! It's been blocking all day on my bed, and I'm hoping that it will be dry in time for me to go to bed tonight. Either way, it will be unpinned and moved, as it is taking up the WHOLE bed. And I have a LARGE bed too! I'm going to get someone to help me take pictures tomorrow and I'll post it here as soon as I can.

Sunday was spent at church, hanging out with my friends and then teaching The Boy's Religious Education Class (which is like Sunday School but not, for those not familiar with UUism). After church was over, I ate Vienna Sausages and fruit cocktail waiting for the Adult Religious Education class to start. It was a wonderful afternoon spent in one of the most relaxing places I've ever been to.

Getting home, The Man unwrapped our sandwiches for dinner and opened the container of potato salad. After which, we taught The Nephew how to play the old card game call Dot Hack (.Hack) After several hands, and losing most of them, I decided it was time to go back to my sewing machine. I managed to get all the flannel washcloths edged (all 36 of them), and even took the time to make up a small rice-filled tube that can be heated in the microwave and used as a small heating pad.

Today has been spent in getting ready for co-op tomorrow, including making "bean" bags filled with rice, running The Boy over to the other side of town for swimming class, then racing back to get him home before I rushed off to my water fitness class. Now, after cooking dinner, I'm waiting for The Man to get off work, before I climb into my bed and fall fast asleep.

Good Night!

No comments: