Thursday, August 28, 2008

Just when we get used to a schedule, it all changes. The Man now works 2ish to 11 ish (at night) and that has thrown our schedule all to hell. So, a few weeks of adjustment for us on that. But we're working on it.

Looking at my projects list, I feel as though I haven't made much progress. Other than reading 3 600+ page books. The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon has been really good. But now I'm in the mood to read light books. So I'm on to the next Knitting Mystery by Maggie Sefton, Dyer Consequences. I've enjoyed the first 4 books of this series, though they are definately what I consider light books. A book that I can read in less than 2 days. 1 day, if I don't do anything else. Unlike the Outlander books. The last book took me about a week, and I didn't get much knitting done either!

To be fair: I've been working on the Secret of the Stole 3, on my Addi Lace 3 needles. With beads. And adding beads is time consuming, no matter how much I enjoy the final project! And my toe-up socks. I'm knitting both at the same time, on size 0 needles. Insane! Next time, larger needles. For one thing, they're not going to be as tall as I had hoped they would be. But I'll wear them anyway! They won't fit anyone else's feet. Just my short and wide, boxy feet! I'm already planning on my next pair. I'll let you know what I have in mind later!

No comments: